Visit Our Dental Hygienist
Dental Hygiene is:
- Removing plaque that sits on your teeth and gums
- Removing small particles of food stuck on and between your teeth
- Performed brushing and cleaning in between teeth using floss or small brushes
What is Plaque?
Plaque is the white, sticky coating that you find on you teeth in the morning. It is made up of bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease.
Why is Dental Hygiene Important?
Removing the plaque layer by brushing your teeth helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. It also stops bad breath.
How Can We Help You with Oral Hygiene?
We would invite you to see our dental hygiene/therapist, Niamh.
Our Hygienist will:
- Teach you tips and tricks to improve your tooth brushing.
- Give you a Scale and Polish to help you clean tough, hard to reach areas.
- Remove hardened plaque deposits called tarter. This is impossible for you to remove on your own.
- Remove plaque and tarter from under your gums. These are areas you cannot clean with a toothbrush
- Remove staining from your teeth left by smoking, tea, coffee and wine.
- Give you treatment to stop you getting gum disease.
- Give you treatment if you have gum disease.
We recommend that you see our hygienist twice a year to help keep your teeth and gums healthy.